Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Renamed

Happy Tuesday! So, the original name of my blog was "Two Steps Forward, One Step Back," but then I happened to come across a motivational article on SparkPeople.com which explained how "two steps forward, one step back" is usually a negative term to describe someone who is having trouble making progress. Switched around, however, it means that "instead of grousing or feeling guilty about a misstep, you can still come out ahead if you put your head down and push forward." I couldn't agree more, so I decided that the name of my blog had to reflect my new state of mind.


Speaking of pushing forward, I'm having another great day so far. My friend Kelsey agreed to join me at the gym today. (We also ran into Lauren, a friend a met while back, and then ran into again at the WAC on one of my first days there. She is super fit, and an awesome inspiration to me. I'm sure I will talk about her more and more!) The three of us took a one-hour pilates class, then got in some cardio on the treadmill for about 35 minutes. I did intervals like yesterday. Instead of timing myself today, I decided to pick a good song on my iPod while I was walking for one minute and then ran until the song was over. (Then, repeat, repeat, repeat, etc.) I never thought I would say this about running, but it was fun! For some reason, I was feeling really ambitious today, so I suggested that we hit the Cardio Fusion class after that. Yikes! This class is tough! Julie, the trainer who teaches it, does an awesome job. We were running, sprinting, lunging, doing planks and squats, and everything else under the rainbow. We were pooped by the end of class, but I'm so glad that we stuck it out!


I had a bowl of cereal before the gym, and headed to Subway with Kelsey afterwards. I LOVE Subway! We brought our subs home and ate some fruit with them. Then, around 5, I was hungry again (surprise, surprise!), so I ate a little trail mix and some blueberries. Not sure what is for dinner yet, but I play volleyball later tonight in my recreational league. We aren't very good, but it is so much fun! Later gators!


What is your go-to workout at the gym? All of the group fitnesses classes at the WAC that I go to are cancelled this weekend, because they are refinishing the floors, so I'm looking for ideas. Actually ... I'm always looking for ideas!

1 comment:

  1. It is only my first time reading this, but I am both privileged and excited to continue reading. You have no idea how much it means to me to know that I inspire you, and I want you to know you do the same for me. Your spirit is unbreakable and strong and I am so glad we will be seeing even more of each other now than when we met before!

    <3

    ReplyDelete