Monday, June 20, 2011

Craptastic

Another crappy day in Southeastern Wisconsin. Rainy. Foggy. Gloomy.

My day started with a smoothie and a trip to the gym. I forgot to take a picture of the smoothie, because there was a torrential downpour outside, and I was too busy deciding if I had to guts to drive in it to get to the gym. However, it was one of my favorite basic smoothies: a frozen banana, 3/4 cup almond milk, one packet chocolate protein powder, and one teaspoon of cocoa powder. Take my word for it. It was good.

I was five minutes late for spin because of the craptastic weather, but I hopped on my bike and got to it. We did an endurance ride today. Honestly, it was tough for me. Apparently, I don't have much endurance? Still, I stuck with it, increasing my resistance every time that Melissa (the instructor) instructed us to do so. At the end of the class, I was nice and sweaty and felt good about working my hardest.

Oh yeah, taking 20 steps back, I was pretty impressed with my ability to improvise a bizarre meal for dinner last night. I was feeling pretty sick full from brunch all night, but by 8:30 or so, I decided that I should have some dinner. I examined the kitchen -- the pickings are kind of slim right now, but I don't want to shop before my trip -- and spotted a potato. I tossed that baby in the microwave, then topped it with a couple pieces some fat free sour cream, low fat cheese (fat free chese=not tasty), and Oscar Meyer grilled chicken.

For some reason, the pictures that I most recently uploaded to my computer seem to have disappeared, so you'll have to visualize this potato in your mind .... 

It hit the spot and was just the right amount of food for my late night snack/dinner. I enjoyed the meal while watching the Miss USA pageant and wallowing over how I will never look good in a bikini. Ever.

After the gym today, I ran a million errands, and was craving some froyo. Instead of stopping for some $5+ frozen yogurt at the mall, I settled for a 49 cent soft serve cone from McDonald's.



Same thing, right?

Now it's time to make up another dinner concoction and watch my favorite Monday night TV: The Bachelorette and Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition. Nannying will consume the next two days for me, and then on Thursday, I leave for Vegas!

Do you find that the weather affects your motivation to workout and/or eat healthy?


P.S. I may have failed to bring up this delicious strawberry spinach salad that I prepared and ate the other day. I was going to post pictures so you could oogle it, because it was delicious. But, no can do, because those pictures disappeared to lala land too.


2 comments:

  1. Weather totally affects my motivation... and mother nature needs to start being nicer to WI, I'm not a fan of the weather thus far this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, sister! I almost didn't go to the gym today. What the heck is up with this?

    ReplyDelete