Sunday, June 19, 2011

Dad's Day

Just stopping by for a quick post today. Happy Father's Day to the best dad in the world. I love you.


It has been a crazy couple of days. The cleaning frenzy is finally over. I added some more deco (a la rugs, framed photos, etc.) and brought over the final load of stuff (for awhile). 

Unfortunately, work outs and healthy eating have been on the back burner. I did make it to the gym for twenty minutes of Zumba and a full hour-long Total Bodyworks strength training class yesterday. That felt good.

Last night, my friend Jen hosted a Pure Romance party. It was a blast!


There was lots of "dick and ball"-themed food ...



And wine and champagne ...


And HILARIOUS moments ...


I had so much fun, in fact, that I am planning on hosting my own party in this freshly-cleaned home.


After the party, my friend Erika and I met up with my brother and some of his friends at a local bar.


After a night of drinking wine, champagne, and beer, some late night food was in order. We stopped at a 24-hour restaurant, and I ordered two eggs over easy with hash browns and bacon. (Breakfast food is the ideal post-bar meal ;) Although I thought I was starving, I maybe ate half.

Father's Day meant brunch. I thought it was going to be a buffet, but it turned out to be more a family-style meal with some buffet-like elements. I ate too much (surprise, surprise!) including (but not limited too) a mini-bagel, omelette, potatoes, bacon, and cinnamon roll. There was also ice cream for desert with bananas foster. I'll let you guess if I had some. It was special occasion. :)

Well, for some reason, I am exhausted tonight, so that is all. I plan on heading to spin class in the morning. Then my day tomorrow is full of appointments and errands. I also need to start getting ready for my trip to Las Vegas. I leave on Thursday, and I nanny all day on Tuesday and Wednesday. It's for a Jazzercise convention, and I'm pumped that it is finally days away. (The trip was booked over a year ago!)

If posts are limited over the next week or so, that is why. Happy Sunday night!

How did you spend your Father's Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment