Sunday, June 12, 2011

BBQ Chicken Chop Salad

Well, yesterday's greasy burger and sides left me feeling a little lethargic. It's amazing how unhealthy foods taste so good at the time, but don't make you feel so good later. After the gym last night, I spent some time hanging out over at Brad's family's house and found myself practically asleep on their couch before I even wrote my blog entry last night. His mom surprised me by picking up a super cute pink Under Armour fitness top from the outlet for me yesterday.



I love the feeling of the material that most Under Armour clothing is made out of. I can't wait to workout in it!

When Brad got home from his volleyball tourney (his is the director and a coach of a local Volleyball club), we vegged on the couch and watched the movie Grown Ups. Although I wasn't starving, I knew I should probably eat something for dinner, so I toasted an Arnold's Bagel Thin and topped it with a few slices of turkey and a bit of roasted pepper hummus. I also had some grape tomatoes on the side.


I also quieted my sweet tooth with a Fiber One brownie.


Meh, not the best brownie in the world, but for 90 calories, I'll take it!

For breakfast this morning, I enjoyed a small cup of Chobani Greek yogurt with granola and chia seeds. (Remember, this is the kids version that I told you guys about.)


For lunch today, I was feelin' a salad. My body is craving nutrients that I knew a plethora of veggies could provide. Inspired by a BBQ chicken chop salad that I had from a restaurant a few weeks ago, I decided to try and create my own. I started by chopping up some lettuce.


Next, I explored the fridge to see what veggies we have laying around. I found a cucumber and some orange and yellow peppers, so I chopped them up and tossed them on the bed of lettuce.


Next (the best part!), I took some Oscar Meyer Deli-Fresh grilled chicken pieces and added a little bit of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce.


Finally, I added the chicken to the salad, in addition to some grape tomatoes, because I can't resist those little guys. I enjoyed the salad with a few spritzes of balsamic vinaigrette dressing. (And yes, I used a plastic fork to eat it, because for some reason, all of the forks are always dirty around here!)


Sometimes a salad deserves a close up

This baby was filling, delicious, and nutritious ... just what I needed today! Now it's time to learn some new material for my Jazzercise class this afternoon. Later!

What's your favorite salad?

No comments:

Post a Comment