Thursday, June 9, 2011

Taylor Swift!

Ok people, the Taylor Swift concert was AMAZING! It exceeded my wildest expectations. I kind of expected that it would more a subtle concert, if you know what I mean, but there were tons of theatrics and elements that made the show unforgettable.

Before the show, I headed to a restaurant called Bar Louie with my friend Jen. We were getting excited ...

I swear I'm not naked!

We ordered the bruschetta for an appetizer (half-price apps from 4-7pm!).

I swear that I shared 

For my meal, I ordered the California chicken club sandwich (without the cheese to save some calories) and substituted a side salad for the french fries.


Towards the end of the meal, I was getting pretty full, so I took off the bread and just ate the chicken, tomatoes, and avocado off of the second half of the sandwich.

Then, we were off to the concert. I decided to take the opportunity to dress up a little bit.


  • Dress: Francesca's (on sale for $25)
  • Shoes: Kelly & Katie via DSW ($50)
  • Bedhead hair: Courtesy of the wind

There were A LOT of young girls at the concert. I mean, I expected to see a lot of high school-aged girls, but many were even younger than that. For example, the girl sitting next me was in first grade! It was adorable to see how excited she was to be there. I'm sure she will never forget the experience. Her mom explained that they surprised her with the tickets a few days ago to reward her for doing well in school. Today is her last day of school, and I'm sure she was tired, but excited to show off all of her Taylor Swift gear (tee-shirt, bracelet, glow stick, etc.) to her friends. I couldn't help but think about how she had probably no comprehension of the meaning of some of Taylor's lyrics, but how she would be going through many of the experiences that she sings about later in life (like the song "Fifteen").

Jen and I decided to channel the little girls in us and get Kiss FM (the local radio station) tattoos before the show.


Once we got inside, we sat through two opening acts that I, honestly, I had never heard of. Their music was not bad at all, but when you aren't familiar with it, it isn't as fun (because you can't sing along!). We had fun snapping some photos instead.


Thumbs up to being at the Taylor Swift concert!

Luckily, there were some props available for our photo-taking fun.


Can you see the resemblance? 

I may have gotten a short nap in during the set change.

Just kidding!

Then, finally the show started!




She circled the arena suspended in the air!

I may have have a little too much fun ...

Nah, not possible!

The show was an absolute blast! There was beautiful dancing, an interesting mix of instruments, lots of costume changes, glitter falling from the sky, fireworks, acrobatics, and much, much more. My love for Taylor Swift has grown after seeing her live ... if that is even possible! :)

Who are your favorite performers?

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog through PBF, gotta love the WI shout out! Taylor Swift came to La Crosse probably 5 years ago before she was really big and it was the best ever! We were able to get really close and she stayed to sign autographs for EVERYONE after she was done... and one of my friends got to go hang out on her bus with her. I'm a huge fan of her, but I am ready for some songs that are not about boys she hates lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, that is so true! Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Feel free to share it with anyone. I'm just getting started and not really sure how to get the word out there. I'm about to check yours out right now ...

    ReplyDelete